We live in a world where our appearance and looks are often judged before our inner character is taken into account. In other words, although we may wish it to be different, first impressions count.
That said, a smile is an invitation to allow people to see the real you, beyond your clothes or your jewelry or your car. Unfortunately, if you’re missing teeth, even when you flash your brightest smile, most people will only see the spaces where your teeth should be. If that sounds familiar, maybe it’s time to consider replacing those missing teeth with dental implants.
Benefits of dental implants for teeth replacement
Dental implants replace missing or damaged teeth with an artificial tooth root surgically placed into your jawbone. The metal implant fuses to your bone, providing a sturdy foundation for a replacement tooth. The benefits of dental implants for tooth replacement include:
- Close to the real deal – While dental implants aren’t real teeth, they are as close as you can get. Not only are dental implants strong, but they also look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- Quick results – Because your teeth are one of the first things people notice about you, you probably want to replace your missing teeth as soon as possible. The simple and straightforward implant procedure can be done in an hour. More complex cases will require more time, but even replacing a full set of teeth can be done in a single day.
- Long lasting – When properly placed and cared for, dental implants offer a long-lasting solution. Caring for dental implants is as simple as caring for natural teeth. Brush at least twice a day, floss daily, and visit your dentist regularly. Dental implants can last 40 or 50 years!
- Promote healthy teeth – Dental implants look and feel real, but they also help to protect your natural teeth, preventing them from shifting into the empty spaces. In addition, dental implants also keep your jawbone and gums stimulated, promoting a healthy smile.
- You’ll still look and feel like you – Unlike other tooth-replacement options, dental implants will stay in your mouth, without shifting or falling out at inopportune times. You’ll get to eat your favorite foods, and you won’t have trouble speaking clearly, as you may with dentures or other tooth-replacement options. With dental implants, you don’t have to spend your time and energy hoping to avoid embarrassment. Instead, you get to enjoy the life you’re living.
- Confidence boost – You may be surprised by how much more confident you feel when you no longer have to hide your smile behind your hand. And with a confident attitude, there’s telling what you can do, or what you will accomplish.
Let us help you set your smile free!
Want to make a great first impression? Start by polishing up your best accessory—your smile.
If you have missing, damaged, or cracked teeth, give us a call and let’s discuss whether dental implants are right for you. At Dental Implant Experts in San Diego, it would be our honor to help you set your smile free.